Kenworth Updates MX Engines, Teases New Medium-Obligation Truck
Kenworth advised Work Truck Week attendees that it has enhanced its MX engines for 2021, bettering fuel financial system and sturdiness – and teased a brand new medium-responsibility truck to be launched quickly.
In a digital chassis change March 11, Brandon Singh, vocational advertising and marketing supervisor, highlighted only a few of the changes to the brand new Subsequent Expertise T680 launched honest honest these days, as neatly as some elements that may seemingly be displaying on Kenworth’s various heavy-responsibility gadgets, alongside facet the brand new 15-crawl digital expose, an up to date smartwheel (which has programmable telltales for vocational prospects), and new cab inside colours.
However he spent mainly probably the most time on highlighting the improved MX-11 and MX-13 engines, which pointless to disclose are additionally readily available in Peterbilt automobiles.
Changes to the faulty engine, diagnostics, and emissions resulted in quite a few enhancements and technological benefits – alongside facet an as a lot as 2.5% fuel financial system enchancment over the EPA-2017 gadgets.
Paccar enhanced its effectivity and sturdiness attempting out, alongside facet rising its examine hours from 4,000 to eight,000 – the the identical of 1 million-plus miles, Singh acknowledged.
A pair of of the enhancements that take pleasure in improved reliability, fuel effectivity, and emissions embody:
• structural enhancements just like cylinder block updates, an improved crankshaft originate, and camshaft and engine brake redesign that will increase oil waft.
• an up to date piston originate with optimized bowl geometry that has improved fuel financial system, lowered emissions, and decreased oil consumption.
• a brand new engine harness with decreased complexity and fewer connectors to once more give protection to in opposition to the components
• a designate-new, Paccar-designed on-engine fuel module that affords higher cool-climate effectivity, speedier arrange and changeout occasions. This module permits multi-pulse fuel injection to once more reinforce fuel financial system.
• upgraded emissions sensors that may blueprint higher in inclement local weather
• up to date turbocharger that’s smaller and extra environment friendly for improved responsiveness and decreased combustion noise.
There are some new scores for 2021. A brand new 445 hp, 1,700 lb.-feet @ 900 rpm for the MX-11 “affords elevated power-to-weight ratio, maximizing effectivity and cargo hauling capability,” he acknowledged.
On the MX-13, there’s a brand new 485 hp rating with 1,650 lb.-feet @ 900 rpm, which is a lower rpm than beforehand readily available. As well as, there’s a brand new multi-torque rating, 405 hp, 1,650/1,750 at 900 rpm.
The MX-13 affords elevated downspeeding; it’s now ready to cruising at 1,050 rpm with a 2.47 rear axle ratio in Kenworth aero gadgets just like the Subsequent Expertise T680.
Kenworth’s medium-responsibility change from J.T. Mansurov, medium-responsibility advertising and marketing supervisor, consisted of a video teasing the upcoming announcement of a brand new medium-responsibility Kenworth.